It’s been awhile but AJ Cosmo and I were able to catch up again.
We cover these topics:
- Writing groups are great ways to keep you FROM writing.
- AJ’s next book is called Hugs and was written for a mom who is reader of AJs.
- His next middle grade book is called “Poop”–he’ll get on a banned book list and then that will be the end of that. He’ll be super famous rich. (The book is actually about health.)
- I learned from most recent book The Return of the Professor that new books really do help increase sales.
- Also that I should have added pronunciation guide for Dolbin School. It’s pronounced DOLE-bin (long o sound.) I stole the name from Dolby Labs. When writing the original book in 2013, I needed a name for the school and I have movie posters in my office and I saw the Dolby Labs logo and I adapted name.
- Writing books for me has become enough to consider it a part-time job.
- We both are not fans of Scrivner writing software. When you spend more time trying to learn the software opposed to writing, well, that’s a problem. There I said it. Glad I got that off my chest.
- I also talk about the rule that Report cards can only be given out at a certain time on the last day of school, plus AJ spouts his disappointment that Jar Jar wasn’t in The Force Awakens.
Check our previous hangout.